Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Want Your Drama

Dropping my "best year ever" facade was the worst idea in the world. To be fair, it wasn't really a choice. But, when it happened, the delightful was gone and the screaming began.

Luckily, I'm still able to pull it together when the kids arrive on scene. The kids are wonderful and funny. Some of them, two in particular, are also in love with each other.

These two have been canoodling in class in a way that is extremely distracting for me. They lean into each other, write doodles to each other, and kiss each other's hands.

It's extremely awkward, and I don't really know how to handle it.

Last week, I barely made it to the end of an hour. When it was over, I held the door open for the exiting students and shouted out randomly, "Too much cuddling in class! Makes me feel uncomfortable!"

That same day, a girl from that hour came back to see me at the end of the day.

"I CAN'T believe what you said at the end of the hour!" she told me.

"What?" I said. "You mean about the cuddling?"

"NO!" she said. "YOU said, 'Have a good weekend. Don't Do Drugs. Use birth control. And, don't have sex!'"

"Oh my god, I DID?" I asked. I had a vague memory of the don't do drugs part.

"YES!" she squealed.

That's kind of embarrassing, but really, it's good advice.

1 comment:

Gina Marie said...

YES. This is just so great.

I kind of pictured you as the mom in Almost Famous- where she screams "Don't Take Drugs!" as he walks into his first rock show? Amazing.