Thursday, October 23, 2014

Righteous Dude


Shef's try-outs are tonight.  It might be the last round of try-outs.  Nobody told me that try-outs are stressful for parents, too.  It's not that I care what team he makes - I don't care one bit - but I want him to get what he wants.  Because he wants it so much.  I imagine this is only the first time I'll feel this way.  There are innumerable potential disappointments ahead - driver's test failures, low grades, awards not received, colleges not gotten into, jobs rejected from, breakups, promotion pass-overs... the list never ends.  Life is one big disappointment, kid.  And this is just the potential start of it.

3 comments:

jhw said...

So true. Oh dear.

mm said...

Think of all the promising events that will accompany the disappoints.

LH said...

Someone told me once that parenting is a little like having your heart walking around outside of your body. Kind of true.