Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Grind

It was a long week, and I'm welcoming the weekend with relief, sweatpants, and fleece.

Because of my current life stage, I have a full day of ferrying the children to various sporting and social events.  The upside of this is that I'm reading a really great book called Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton and also listening to a really great book called The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta. In between the dropping and the picking and the, I hope, laundry folding because I have about nine loads sitting in various places around the house, I can make some progress in these texts.

I also need to get back into my meditation habit, which I can just do on the go with my handy phone app.

So, it's going to be a cozy, comfortable day here in the chilly metro, ending with a recital by Mac.  Rock on.


2 comments:

LH said...

I like what I'm reading here. Especially the fleece.

Jill said...

What is the app? Sorry if you wrote about it before and I missed it. Also, are you going to NCTE?