Monday, October 6, 2014

The Slowing

Last week, I was so harried that I felt I might need to quit taking violin lessons.  I would never choose to do this, as playing instruments, especially stringed instruments, is hugely beneficial for health.  It's documented, and I'm a believer.

But, if you're constantly driving your children to their various commitments, including their stringed instrument lessons, it's hard to carve out the time to practice.  And then you're just showing up for your lesson embarrassed and unprepared.  That's unequivocally not good for your health, as experts have confirmed.

So, I reluctantly confessed that I might have to quit.

"I don't think you have to quit," Teacher Jennifer said.  "I think you have to wait until after MEA weekend."

Immediately, a weight lifted from my shoulders.  "You're right," I said.  "That's it."

MEA weekend - it starts next Friday the 17th - is a documented turning point.

2 comments:

LH said...

So happy that we've found a solution to the violin situation.
I for one really love that you take violin lessons.

mm said...

When I heard of the recitals this weekend, I was wondering if you were still playing.