Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WLD #13

I'm here to talk about a dream come true.  Back when I got full body psoriasis in March of this year as a result of a legendary facial infection, I never really expected it would go away.  It covered a large percentage of my body, itched, and was hideously ugly.

I've worked with a nice dermatologist who said he couldn't guarantee that it would ever go away, but he was sure that the treatment he prescribed had potential.  Sure enough, I got less monstrous over time and started once again to appear in public.

Four months ago, Dr. F. determined that my body was 11% covered by psoriasis.  Two months ago, he said 8%.  Yesterday, while I paraded around in front of him in my underwear (a step I do not enjoy), he said I'm 1% covered with psoriasis and ready for maintenance treatment of once per week in the light booth.

Things are undeniably better than they were.  AND, here's the good part, I've followed through on my end of the bargain, which is to avoid total immunofailure by taking better care of myself and seeking balance.  I actually did that.  I exercise and relax and see some friends sometimes and hang out with my family, in addition to working. Dream, meet reality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is GREAT news! You have had the will power and persistence to do it! So happy for you! Love, mom

LH said...

Kudos, KC

mm said...

Awesome. I can't imagine what you've gone through. My little bout with the face rosacea made me absolutely freaked out.

jhw said...

Yay!!--That's why you could play the Bach Double too. :-)