Thursday, December 4, 2014

WLD #3


The other day, Shef casually asked, "Do we have plans to repaint the upstairs hallway before we move?"

"Why?" I replied, narrowing my eyes.

"Oh," he says, "I just noticed some marks on the wall up there."

The boys have been playing knee hockey in the long hallway.  I've been pleased about this because it keeps them busy while playing together without electronics; and it takes a long time for the crying, shrieking, and blaming to start.

"Well," I said, "we might repaint it, I guess."

And I dropped it.

Later, I discovered the cluster of black marks pictured above. The next time they said they decided to play knee hockey, I said, "Hey, no more marks on the wall."

"What marks?" they said, feigning cluelessness.

"The ones you made on the wall while playing knee hockey," I said.

"We didn't make any marks."  Shrugging.  Innocence.

"Come up here and look at them," I said, marching them upstairs.

"Where?" they said.

"HERE," I said, pointing to the hockey marks.

"Oh," they said.  "We didn't know we made those."

"Right," I said.  "NO MORE MARKS."

They exchanged a glance.  "We'll play Goalie Wars then!"

"Fine," I said, leaving them to it.

2 comments:

mm said...

Are you moving? If you are, I think they should be able to continue playing until you repaint.

LH said...

It would be good if you could put padding throughout the halls so the boys can play and the walls can be preserved. Win win.